The Performance by Event Report is a line chart in Analytics that shows any changes in a brand's expert activity due to specific key events over time. Events can include when you launch promotional media or campaigns on ExpertVoice or make significant changes to your inventory selection or audience targeting.
The horizontal axis at the bottom of the chart represents the date range of interest and the vertical axis to the left of the chart reports values for the performance metric.
The report helps brands better understand the high-level events impacting the success of their advocacy marketing program with target experts over time.
How to access the report
- Visit Analytics in the Advocacy Platform
- Click Add Reports to Dashboard
- Click Performance by Event and then drag and drop it to your preferred analytics dashboard
- Insert a name for your new report
- 255 characters maximum
- Default text: Performance By Event
- Click Performance by Event to explore the report
You can filter the report by a specific performance metric, audience, pre-defined date range, a custom date, and events. See the filters section for more information about the available filters. Click Save Report to save your filters.
Hover your cursor over the line chart and click a specific date to view a summary of what happened that day for a specific event.
In your Analytics Dashboard, click the three dots on the right of the report to either explore the report, rename, duplicate or remove it from your dashboard, or view the report description.
Use the filters at the right of the report to focus on specific status characteristics or narrow your view. You can select one or more filters to customize your report.
- Unique Experts Engaged – The total number of unique experts clicking on any of your brand's campaign cards, making a purchase or other presented opportunities during the date or date range of interest
- All Engagements – The total summary of a brand's expert engagements during the date or date range of interest; these include:
- Experts Educating – The total number of experts clicking "Learn" on your Campaign Card
- Edu-Games Attempted – The total number of Edu-Games that have been started by an expert; an expert can attempt an Edu-Game multiple times; the expert may not always pass the Edu-Game in their attempt
- Edu-Games Passed – The total number of Edu-Games successfully passed and completed by an expert; an expert can attempt an Edu-Game one or more times before they pass it
- Experts Ordering – The total number of experts ordering from a brand during a Seeding Campaign
- Orders – The total number of orders placed by experts during a brand's Seeding Campaign; an expert can submit one or more orders based on the brand's ordering guidelines
- Sales (USD) – The total sum of money in U.S Dollars ($) spent by experts during a brand's Seeding Campaign
- Experts Redirecting – The total number of experts being redirected to your e-commerce site
- Redirects – The total number of redirect clicks to your e-commerce site; an expert can click and be redirected to your e-commerce site one or more times
- Activity Submissions – The total number of activities that an expert has submitted on ExpertVoice for a brand's Activity Campaign
- Photos – The total number of photos that experts have uploaded and tagged your brand in on their ExpertVoice profile or in a campaign (e.g., Product Sampling Campaign)
- Recommendations – The total number of recommendations that experts have published on ExpertVoice as part of a brand's campaign (e.g., an Education Campaign capturing in-content recommendations, a Seeding Campaign, a Product Sampling Campaign)
- Survey Submissions – The total number of completed survey responses in a brand's Survey Campaign
- All – The industry professionals, retail sales associates, and enthusiasts included in your target audience
- Pro & Retail – The industry professionals and retail sales associates included in your target audience
- Pro Only – The industry professionals included in your target audience
- Retail Only – The retail sales associates included in your target audience
- Campaign Launches – Campaigns help your brand connect with target experts on ExpertVoice and strengthen their knowledge; an Education Campaign appears on the report on the first date your lesson has greater than or equal to 10 total experts attempting it; all other campaigns appear on the report on the first day it is launched
- Promotional Media – A form of communication brands can purchase or be merchandised into to reach target experts on ExpertVoice; promotional media appears on the report on the first day it is launched
- Flash Events – These typically run for seven total days, however, some Q4 Holiday Flash Events may run three days
- Learning Events – These typically run for 14 total days
- Homepage Banner – These typically run for 7 total days
- Premium Site Placement – These typically run for 7 total days
- Push Notification – These are sent to target experts on one specific date, however, in reporting, these are given two-day attribution
- Email – These are sent to target experts on one specific date, however, in reporting, these are given seven-day attribution
- Newsletter (Premium or In-Line Placement) – These are sent to target experts on one specific date, however, in reporting, these are given seven-day attribution
- Inventory Changes – A 10% increase or decrease in total inventory available from the day before; this data is only relevant for and provided by brands with a hosted store or product catalog on ExpertVoice
- Audience Changes – When internal or external factors impact a brand's target audience (e.g., targeting the retail audience for a campaign when the brand previously only targeted industry professionals)
Examine and visualize the data
Here are example factors that could impact a brand's results in the Performance by Event Report:
- Brand Awareness – How is your brand perceived by target experts both on and off of ExpertVoice? Consider running a Survey Campaign to get a pulse on how your brand is perceived and ranked against competitors. Insights collected from the survey can help you understand your brand's level of awareness with target experts at a point in time.
- Target audience – Consider targeting different audiences in your campaigns to reach various expert tiers throughout the year – from enthusiasts to professionals.
- Campaign frequency – Experts look forward to regularly engaging with new campaigns; consider running different campaign types throughout the year based on your brand and program objectives; if you're targeting the same audience every time, discuss spreading campaigns out on a calendar with your Account Executive versus running them back-to-back.
- Seasonality – Ensure your brand offers competitive pricing, available inventory, efficient shipping, and a healthy selection of different product types.
In addition, consider using the following tips to analyze the report in greater detail and visualize the data in ways that best meet your needs.
- A spike is a short-term change that can be positive based on the brand's program objectives. A spike may be caused by one or more events. For example, if your brand runs a promotional media event, such as a homepage banner on ExpertVoice, you may see a spike in All Engagements during the length of the homepage banner and then a decrease after the banner stops running in seven days.
- A step is a sudden and persistent change in expert activity over time. For example, if you suddenly have an increase in inventory availability and there is high demand for the product(s), Experts Ordering may sharply increase and remain steady over time in the report.
- A decline is a short-term change that can be negative, neutral, or positive based on the brand's program objectives; a decline may be caused by one or more events. For example, a brand may see a decline in Experts Educating if they haven't launched a new campaign or run promotional media in a few months.
Setup report alerts
Below the report, click Alerts to create an alert based on a specific numeric event or axis in the chart. For example, if you would like to be notified when 100 experts engage with your brand on a specific date, click the vertical axis, and then on the popup notification, select the Condition "above or equal to" a threshold of "100".
We will email you when your data meets these conditions and you can customize who it's sent to, the email frequency, format, and more. Learn more about alerts here.
Schedule report emails
Below the report, click Subscribe to receive an email to this report. You can customize who it's sent to, the email frequency, format, and more.
Download the report
Below the report, click Download to download the data as an image, CSV file, PDF, or Tableau workbook.
TIP: If any metric appears to be incorrect, please contact your Customer Success partner to audit your report.