The Historic Sales Trends Report is a vertical bar chart in Analytics that helps brands who have been live on ExpertVoice for multiple years to view the historical performance of experts' ordering and store redirect behavior over specific periods. If you have a Hosted store, the report can be broken down by the sales placed, order volume, or unique experts' ordering. If you have a managed-service or brand-managed redirect store, this report can be broken down by all redirect clicks or the unique experts redirecting to your e-commerce site.
The horizontal axis (X) at the bottom of the chart represents over-time data, while the vertical axis (Y) can be adjusted to show specific display metrics (e.g., sales placed).
Tip: Sales totals are based on hosted orders placed, not orders processed. Since the data doesn't reflect cancellations and refunds, please refrain from using this report to settle ExpertVoice-related finances.
How to access the report
Filter the report by a specific performance metric and pre-defined date range. See the filters section for more information about the available filters. Click Save Report to save your filters.
Click your cursor over the bar chart of a specific time period to see a summary of what happened.
In your Analytics Dashboard, click the three dots on the right of the report to either explore the report, rename, duplicate, or remove it from your dashboard, or view the report description.
Use the right-side filters to narrow down and customize your report based on specific characteristics.
Select a View – Filter the report to show a specific timeframe.
- Yearly View: Filter by one or more years since your brand's store has been live on ExpertVoice.
- Quarterly View: First select Quarterly View under Select a View, then filter by one or more quarters since your brand's store has been live on ExpertVoice (e.g., Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4).
- Monthly View: First select Monthly View under Select a View, then filter by one or more months since your brand's store has been live on ExpertVoice (e.g., January through December).
Switch Display Metrics – Click the switch display metrics to view a drop-down of different data fields to filter by.
Sales Placed (USD) – The total number of orders placed in U.S. dollars
Orders Volume – The total number of orders placed by volume. (Order Volume data is only available for hosted store experiences)
Unique Experts Ordering – The total number of Unique Experts who have purchased from your brand (Unique Experts Ordering data is only available for hosted store experiences)
Year – Filter by one or more years since your brand has been on ExpertVoice
Quarter – First select Quarterly View under Select a View, then filter by one or more quarters since your brand has been on ExpertVoice (e.g., Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4)
Month – First select Monthly View under Select a View, then filter by one or more months since your brand has been on ExpertVoice (e.g., January through December)
Visualize and examine the data
Please look at the tips below to review the report in detail and visualize the data to meet your needs.
- You can hover your cursor over a select bar within the chart. A preview of the numerical data within the bar will be displayed in a preview box with a list of metrics. (e.g., Sales Placed, Sales Placed [$USD] YoY Difference, Orders Placed, Unique Experts, Redirect Clicks)
- The bottom of the report highlights the total metrics based on the report filters selected. These metrics will adjust as you change filters on the right side of the report. These metrics include:
- Time Range
- Sales ($ USD)
- Product Units
- Redirect Clicks
Tip: Use this report to measure your brand's overall ExpertVoice order and redirect performance.
Monitor how your brand's different ExpertVoice campaigns perform year over year (YoY) on ExpertVoice. Here are example factors that could impact a brand's results:
- Brand Awareness – How do target experts on and off ExpertVoice perceive your brand? Consider running a Survey Campaign to get a pulse on how your brand is perceived and ranked against competitors. Insights collected from the survey can help you understand your brand's level of awareness with target experts at a point in time.
- Target audience – Consider targeting different audiences in your campaigns to reach various expert tiers throughout the year – from enthusiasts to professionals.
- Campaign frequency – Experts look forward to regularly engaging with new campaigns; consider running different campaign types throughout the year based on your brand and program objectives; if you're targeting the same audience every time, discuss spreading campaigns out on a calendar with your Account Executive versus running them back-to-back.
- Seasonality – Ensure your brand offers competitive pricing, available inventory, efficient shipping, and a healthy selection of different product types.
- A spike is a short-term change that can be optimistic based on the brand's program objectives. One or more events may cause a spike. For example, suppose your brand runs a promotional media event, such as a homepage banner on ExpertVoice. In that case, you may see a spike in Sales Placed during the length of the homepage banner and then a decrease in seven days after the banner stops running.
- A step is a sudden and persistent change in expert activity over time. For example, suppose you suddenly have increased inventory availability and high demand for the product(s). In that case, Experts' Ordering may sharply increase and remain steady over time in the report.
- A decline is a short-term change that can be negative, neutral, or positive based on the brand's program objectives; one or more events may cause a decline. For example, a brand may decline in "Experts Ordering" if they haven't launched a new campaign or run promotional media in a few months.
Reminder: Please avoid using this report to settle ExpertVoice-related finances.
Set up report alerts
Below the report, click Watch and then Alerts to create an alert based on a specific numeric event or axis in the chart. For example, if you would like to be notified when 100 experts order from your brand on a particular date, click the vertical axis, and then on the popup notification, select the Condition "above or equal to" a threshold of "100".
You will receive an email when your data meets these conditions, and you can customize who it's sent to, the email frequency, format, and more. You can learn more about alerts here.
Schedule report emails
Below the report, click Watch and then Subscriptions to receive an email to this report. You can customize who it's sent to, the email frequency, format, and more.
Download the report
Below the report, click Download to download the data as an image, CSV file, PDF, or Tableau workbook.
Note: Please contact your Customer Success partner if any metric appears incorrect.