A Seeding Campaign is a campaign type that focuses on seeding products (usually at a discount) to select experts. The target expert audience an exclusive reward for your products without requiring any educational lessons to unlock the incentive.
Because experts have 22x more conversations about the brands and products they love than the average consumer, it's essential to launch campaigns with the right experts at the right time to help more consumers make better purchasing decisions. Every time an expert logs into ExpertVoice, they have the chance to engage with campaigns and discover something — whether it's seeing your brand's latest products or purchasing from your product line.
Note: Access to features within Campaigns varies based on your subscription level. For access to all features, contact your Customer Success partner for more information.
Seeding Campaign uses and best practices
Brands using Seeding Campaigns have found success on ExpertVoice when:
- Offering a discount on products to a set group of experts (aka a pro deal)
- Reducing overstock or remnant inventory
- Underwriting a deeper discount to a separate select audience
- Awarding experts in a community with a single-use coupon code
- Supporting a limited friends-and-family sale
How to create a Seeding Campaign
A Seeding Campaign, like most available campaigns available on ExpertVoice, is created by following the necessary steps in the Advocacy Platform. Each campaign has step-by-step instructions to guide you through building and publishing a campaign. You can work ahead in different steps, but remember to save each step along the way.
A Seeding Campaign consists of the following steps:
- Targeting - An audience of experts
- Incentive - A single store, deal or incentive you are offering
- Messaging - Define how the campaign will be presented
- Availability - When and where the campaign will be accessible
|Tip: If you have everything necessary to create a campaign, follow the instructions below. If you don't, first create the incentive for your campaign in the Incentive Library.
To get started, visit the Campaign Manager in the Advocacy Platform. Click on Create New Campaign from the prompt at the top right of the page and select Seeding Campaign. Give your new campaign a unique name.
- This name is not expert-facing, but we recommend making the name easy for you and others on your team to be able to search for and find it later (e.g., Spring 2023 Product Line)
Managing your campaign's audience
Add one or more audiences to your campaign. Learn more about managing your campaign's audience.
Managing your campaign's incentive
You can add one incentive to a campaign. Learn more about managing your campaign's incentive.
Configure your campaign's messaging
You can configure the campaign's visual presentation, headline copy, and other settings here. An Education Campaign has a campaign card that attracts experts and a campaign landing page that acts as a home experience for the campaign.
- Start by configuring the Campaign Card
- Upload a Campaign Image (at least 1800 x 720 pixels) and Campaign Headline (25 characters maximum)
- Next, complete the Campaign Overview and Instructions:
- Crop the Campaign Banner Image if desired
- Add a Campaign Description (250 characters maximum)
- Add a Course Title (100 characters maximum)
- Add a Course Description (250 characters maximum)
TIP: For the Campaign Headline, summarize your campaign's unique value for the target audience by listing 1-3 relevant product categories and activity types, separated by commas—for example: Apparel, Snow Sports.
Be sure to save your campaign and continue.
Establish your campaign's availability
At this point, you are ready to preview your campaign, start it immediately, or schedule it to be started at a date in the future. You can also manage additional promotional opportunities to increase your campaign's visibility on ExpertVoice. Learn more about managing your campaign's availability and promotion.