Pixel installation is a key piece of implementation for all redirect store brands. As part of your program launch with ExpertVoice, we need to complete pixel installation before launch. Pixels are small code snippets that, when added to the check-out page on a brand’s eCommerce page, help track orders placed by ExpertVoice members. The pixel data will contain the Expertvoice discount code used when placing the order (or discount group name), which we will use to identify the commissionable orders. Installing a pixel will remove the need for self-reporting sales numbers each month after validation.
Note: Pixel installation only applies to brands using a redirect store for their ExpertVoice program.
How does ExpertVoice use pixels?
An installed pixel provides ExpertVoice with reliable data that we use for billing purposes. It also alleviates the need for you to provide monthly reporting to our finance department.
Conversion pixels help brands track conversions from their ExpertVoice commerce experience, as well as ensure billing accuracy. Brands can also attach product information to their pixel to track additional product purchases made by experts. They are used on the final conversion page of your consumer transaction. For example, for an eCommerce store, the pixel would be installed on the “Order Confirmation” or “Thank You” page, which is shown after the customer makes a purchase.
How do I install a pixel?
- Your PM or CS partner will send you the pixel instructions, code snippet and the Pixel Deployment Guide.
- The ExpertVoice CommOps team will walk through the deployment guide so you can successfully install the pixel
- The ExpertVoice CommOps team will place a test order to verify the pixel is working properly
- The CommOps team monitors for 3-5 days to ensure orders are flowing through the pixel.
- Expertvoice requires at a minimum, 1 full calendar month of self-reporting to compare against the pixel data. If the variance is within 5% then the pixel is approved and self-reporting is no longer required
- If the variance is more than 5%, your CS partner will work with the CommOps team to begin testing the pixel again in an effort to validate the data
- ~1 month after your launch, Finance Redirect Reporting (Haylee Moravec) will contact the CS and AE team to request contact information for self-reporting purposes. She will then send an email to you requesting 1-month’s worth of sales self-reporting and copy the AE/CS team.
- Pixel Deployment Guide: Brands can use this guide for implementation instructions, transaction data definitions and for a list of pixel FAQ’s
- Redirect Self-Reporting Template: This template is used by all brands during the first 2 months to validate the pixel. For brands that are unable to install a pixel this template is required on a monthly basis to ensure billing accuracy.
- For brands using Shopify
For questions regarding the Pixel, reach out to your Customer Success Manager or the following individuals on the. You can also send requests directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.