E-commerce Advocacy helps brands easily collect authentic product reviews on ExpertVoice to boost consumer confidence and e-commerce sales. Expert reviews are written or recorded by credentialed experts in a specific category and backed by their resumes.
Collecting product reviews on ExpertVoice
Brands must have a hosted store or product catalog to collect product reviews on ExpertVoice. Experts can post reviews for products purchased on or off of ExpertVoice or those they have experience with. In their product reviews, experts:
- Must share a written overview of their experience with the product, their Likelihood to Recommend the product (On a scale from 1 to 10, with ten being the most likely to recommend), and a Star Rating (On a scale from 1 to 5, with five being the highest).
- Can specify how familiar they are with the product, such as "Used many times," "Used a few times," "Never used it but know enough about it," or "Know nothing about it."
- Can upload photos or videos to enrich their review and specify which product category it is best for.
If an expert purchased the product on ExpertVoice, their review would include a Verified Purchaser label and green checkmark icon. If an expert learned about the brand on ExpertVoice and passed all educational lessons 100% correctly, their review would include a Brand Certified label and a red lightning bolt icon.
A written title for the product review is optional but recommended, and a Recommendation Strength bar will encourage the expert to leave a more thorough and valuable review.
Experts can see all reviews published for a product on the Expert Reviews section of a brand's Product Display Page (PDP) and use the search bar and filters to surface reviews most relevant to them.
- The newest or most recently published reviews are displayed first on the page by default
- Experts can also publish a product review directly from this location by first giving the product a Likelihood to Recommend Score
Syndicating product reviews
Access to syndication and Curation features within the Review Manager varies based on your subscription. To request access to additional features, reach out to your Customer Success partner for more information.
Syndication is when content from one website is re-published to a third-party website.
You can syndicate expert reviews from ExpertVoice to the ExpertVoice Recommendation Display and/or a trusted third-party syndication partner.
Syndication partners include Bazaarvoice and Yotpo, and brands with E-commerce Advocacy can set up a syndication integration by contacting their ExpertVoice Account Executive. Through the integration, brands can unleash the power of expert reviews onto their website and retailers' websites† to help more online shoppers confidently purchase their products.
The ExpertVoice Recommendation Display
The ExpertVoice Recommendation Display lives on a brand's website and can feature up to 25 of the brand's top expert reviews. You can customize the display theme and colors to match your website and determine if you'd like expert review photos to be visible. The display complements other ratings and review displays, provides shoppers with more authentic product insights from credentialed industry professionals, and is simple to install.
In the Review Manager, brands who sign up for the ExpertVoice Recommendation Display have the flexibility to turn on Automation to instantly approve expert reviews that meet specific criteria for their display as they are published. In addition, brands can manually approve expert reviews when it’s most convenient for them.
The Review Manager
If you have a hosted store or product catalog, Reviews, also known as the Review Manager, is where you can efficiently view and engage with all expert reviews that your brand has received since you started to collect reviews on the platform. We recommend monitoring your brand's expert reviews weekly and personalizing your replies.
If you’d like to reply to an expert's review, type a comment in the text field beneath any review and click “Submit.”
- 2,000-character limit maximum
- The expert will get a notification on ExpertVoice when you leave a reply and it will be sent from your brand
- You can edit or delete the comments you submit; you cannot edit or delete the expert's review itself or any comments left by experts on the review
- Comments do not syndicate to the ExpertVoice Recommendation Display or any third-party syndication partner
Brands with the ExpertVoice Recommendation Display will have exclusive access to additional tabs within the Review Manager of the Advocacy Platform. The tabs include:
- All: View a list of your expert reviews and respond to experts. If you'd like, you can manually approve, auto-approve, flag, or decline reviews here.
- By Product: View how many reviews your product(s) receive.
- Automation: Configure what types of reviews will instantly syndicate to your ExpertVoice Recommendation Display when the API is installed correctly.
- Display: Configure how your ExpertVoice Recommendation Display will look on your website.
What information is syndicated from expert reviews:
|ExpertVoice Recommendation Display||The ability to syndicate up to 25 expert recommendations that meet specific criteria to the product display pages on a brand's website in a custom display. The display can be optimized on the PDP for the highest order conversion results.||
|Bazaarvoice Ratings & Reviews Display||The ability to syndicate expert reviews to product display pages on your brand's website and/or retailers' websites via Bazaarvoice's Ratings & Reviews Display. Learn more here.||
**1,000 characters max; if <50 characters, it will be a star-rating only review; does not support emojis
|Yotpo's Reviews Display||The ability to syndicate expert reviews to product display pages on a brand's website via Yotpo's Reviews Display.||
*All dependent on the user’s privacy settings
†If you have E-commerce Advocacy Review Syndication and the Bazaarvoice Integration.