Note: This article applies to brands with a Hosted Store on ExpertVoice. Please reach out to your Customer Success partner for more information.
The Out of Stock Report is a bar chart in Analytics that summarizes products with zero inventory remaining on ExpertVoice. Brands with a hosted store should monitor this report weekly to provide experts with a positive shopping experience.
When a product is out-of-stock (OOS) or unavailable for ordering, it limits experts' ability to experience it and gain further insights into the brand. When shopping in the marketplace, experts can:
- See a grey badge on product images with out-of-stock inventory
- Hide out-of-stock inventory using an Availability filter in the search results and store pages
- Request an automated email from ExpertVoice when a product is back in stock
- Note: The expert can also cancel the request if they no longer want to be notified
Above image: An example search results page with an out-of-stock product.
Above image: An example product display page (PDP) with an out-of-stock product.
How to access the report
You can filter the report by product and/or date range. See the filters section for more information about the available filters. Click Save Report to save any adjusted filters.
In the main Analytics Dashboard, click the three dots on the right of the report to either explore the report, rename, duplicate, or remove it from your dashboard, or view the report description.
Choose "Over Time" from the menu on the right-hand side to see your products' monthly total of out-of-stock (OOS) requests. The data is displayed as a vertical bar chart with a line graph overlay, aiding in visualizing periods of higher or lower OOS request volumes over time.
Tip: Hover over the bottom left of the report where the date is listed, and a – and + sign will appear. Click the – sign for quarterly or yearly data or the + sign for weekly or daily data.
Select one or more filters in the right-hand menu to customize the report.
- Product Filter the report to show out-of-stock requests for a specific product
- Relative Date Filter the report to review out-of-stock requests during relative years, quarters, months, weeks, and days
- Custom Date Filter the report to review out-of-stock requests during a custom timeframe
Select a View
- Product: A horizontal bar chart summarizing all out-of-stock requests for each product
- Over Time: A vertical bar chart summarizing all out-of-stock requests made over time
- If a product is out-of-stock for over six months, brands should make the product inactive, which means the product will no longer be available in the ExpertVoice marketplace for experts to view and shop.
- If a brand is set to Always Available for inventory, you can make products inactive, but if it’s a consistent request from the brand, then the best practice would be to change to an inventory upload.
Set up report alerts