As a brand, inventory management is critical to your Ecommerce experience. By following inventory management best practices, you’ll run and manage an efficient and effective program. We recommend transmitting an inventory file at a minimum once per week. As a best practice, send one inventory file for each fulfillment outlet daily (e.g. US, Canada).
Note: This article applies to brand users who have the Order Fulfillment Manager role. Reach out to your Customer Success partner for more information.
Configure EDI Inventory
- Connect with your Customer Success partner or Account Executive to explore this option.
- Complete the ExpertVoice EDI questionnaire. The questionnaire provides the necessary information to configure EDI for your brand in our system. Please reach out to your Customer Success partner for this document. The questionnaire will ask for information including:
- Sender Qualifier
- Sender Code
- Third Party EDI Provider (if applicable)
- Once EDI is configured, we will ask you to send us a test 846 inventory file. If successfully received and processed, the integration will be ready to go live.
- The 846 inventory file must include all the items that are in your current ExpertVoice store catalog(s)
- Each item’s UPC and/or SKU on the 846 inventory file must match exactly how they are listed in your ExpertVoice store file
Note: Minimal hands-on work is required with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) – this electronic exchange allows our systems to communicate information automatically. The EDI inventory file is called an 846, consisting of SKU and/or UPC with quantity available.