An ExpertVoice Product Sampling Campaign is run over a series of weeks from start to finish.
Like other campaign types, sampling campaigns have a start and end date. Based on your company's objectives, priorities, and resources, you can start collecting expert-generated content within about eight weeks from the launch of your campaign, or you can also work at your own pace.
Access to features within Campaigns varies based on your subscription. To request access to additional features, reach out to your Customer Success partner for more information.
Example high-level timeline
Month 1: Discovery, Strategy, and Recruitment Phases
The Discovery and Strategy Phase is when you prepare what your campaign will visually look like, what you would like experts to do and your preferred timeline. The Recruitment Phase is when your application is live and available to target experts across the ExpertVoice platform.
Key action items during these phases include:
- Week 1: Complete the campaign discovery brief
- Weeks 2: Set up and publish your campaign
- Weeks 3-4: Receive expert applications
Month 2: Applicant Review and Sampling Phase
The Applicant Review and Sampling Phase is when you have enough quality applications to approve and ship them free product, along with instructions on what to do upon receiving their package in the mail.
Key steps during this phase includes:
- Week 5: Review expert applicants and approve and/or deny applicants
- Week 6: Ship products directly to approved experts and share shipping and tracking information with ExpertVoice
- Weeks 7-8: Experts start to receive your product and have a few weeks to put it to the test before completing your activities, such as publishing product reviews and sharing photos on social media
Month 3: Expert Experience and Sharing Phase
The Expert Experience and Sharing Phase is when experts fulfill their content sharing responsibilities using the proper FTC disclosures and brands track, moderate and engage with their content.
- Weeks 9-11: Review and engage with expert-generated content as it is published
- Weeks 12: Review campaign results when the campaign ends
Ongoing campaign management
As the campaign manager, here are other best practices you can implement throughout your campaign to drive positive results:
- Log into the Advocacy Platform at least once per week to monitor the success of your campaign using reports in the Campaign Dashboard.
- Make notes about specific experts and the content they share on behalf of your brand in the Applicants tab of the Campaign Dashboard.
- Monitor social media mentions using your own social media listening tool if you've asked experts to post about your product using a specific hashtag or another account tag.
Engage with approved and denied expert applicants and continue to foster the relationship. Here are some examples:
Follow experts on social media if they provide an Instagram handle in their application
Invite them to your brand's ExpertVoice community, where you can have a more 1:1 conversation and keep members up to date on your brand's latest initiatives
Ask them to be a part of another sampling campaign soon
Launch an Education and Seeding Campaign just for them