Follow the steps below to create a community on ExpertVoice. Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to build your application.
Please Note:The Community feature is available to brand users who have signed up for Community Manager. To gain access, reach out to your Account Executive or contact us for more information.
Create your community
- Visit Communities in the Advocacy Platform
- Click Create Community in the upper right corner
- Add your community name and update the URL if necessary (This is the only time you can change the URL. Once saved, it cannot change.)
Tip: The name of your community is the first thing experts see when seeking it out so choose something memorable. It should evoke your brand personality and if possible, incorporate your brand name. Be sure and give each of your communities a unique name rather than simply naming them something like Community 1, Community 2, etc.
Build your community page
- Click the name of the community you created
- Update Community Overview & Instructions (required)
- Upload your image and crop as needed
- Community description (shortest possible description of your community, including what’s in it for the member.)
- Community overview (comprehensive details about your community)
- What we ask (what will you expect your community members to do)
- Who should apply (detailed description of the types of members you are seeking)
- Member benefits (describe the rewards participants should expect if they are accepted into the community)
- Save & Continue
Tip: Your community’s overview section helps people decide if they’d be a good fit for it and whether they should apply or not. Make it inviting and informative but don’t feel the need to go into every single detail. Remember, you want to appeal to existing fans of your brand and give them an opportunity to wow you with their enthusiasm.
Personalize the remaining messaging sections (While these are optional, we recommend personalizing these messages to incorporate your brand voice and personalize them for your members).
- Participation Guidelines (ExpertVoice guidelines will be pre-populated and cannot be deleted, but you may add your own as well)
- Application Received Email
- Application Approved Email
- Application Denied Email
- Save & Continue
Tip (guidelines): Your community’s guidelines are the terms and conditions that applicants must agree to in order to be considered for membership. They’re displayed as the first screen in the application process and applicants can’t continue until they agree.
Your community is a two-way relationship between your brand and your members. Don’t forget to include what you as a brand will provide in return for the efforts of your members.
Tip (custom emails): The ExpertVoice platform automatically sends emails on your behalf as applications get submitted and you approve or deny applicants. However, you can and should where possible add a custom message to provide further clarification, encourage future application submissions or add your unique brand voice and personality.
Use the preview on the right while working through the builder to preview on different devices.
Continue setting up your community by building your application.
Questions? Find answers to FAQs here.