The Sales by Region Report in Analytics includes maps showing total sales by experts in different states and provinces on ExpertVoice over time.
It helps brands understand the geographic locations of product orders, with the top map summarizing order quantities and the bottom map revealing patterns through dot distribution.
How to access the report
- Visit Analytics in the Advocacy Platform
- Click Add Reports to Dashboard
- Click Sales by Region and then drag and drop it to your preferred analytics dashboard
- Insert a name for your new report
- 255 characters maximum
- Default text: Sales by Region
- Click Sales by Region to explore the report
Filter the report by audience type, campaign name, affiliation, product, country, reporting labels, brand rep names, and date range. Save filters by clicking "Save Report."
Hover over a state or province, click to see a summary of key metrics, and return to the full map view by clicking again. View specific teams and their locations at the bottom of the report.
Utilize right-side filters to customize and focus on specific sales characteristics in the report.
- All – The industry professionals, retail sales associates, and enthusiasts included in your audience
- Pro Only – The industry professionals included in your target audience
- Retail Only – The retail sales associates included in your target audience
- Campaign – Campaigns help your brand connect with experts and strengthen their knowledge; an Education Campaign appears on the report on the first date your lesson has greater than or equal to 10 total experts attempting it; all other campaigns appear on the report on the first day it launched
Affiliation – Click to view a drop-down list of different affiliations to filter by:
- All – The industry professionals, retail sales associates, and enthusiasts included in your target audience
- Or – Individually select retail locations or professional teams that purchased from your brand
- Product – Filter to see sales data for specific products.
- Country – Filter between different countries' sales data. (ExpertVoice is currently only offered in the United States and Canada)
- Current Reporting Label – Filter sales data by Current Reporting Label to keep track of sales numbers coming in from retail locations with custom labels added to your dealer list.
- Current Brand Reps – Filter sales data by Current Brand Reps to keep track of sales numbers coming in from retail locations in their territories.
- Relative Purchase Date – Use this filter to see sales data by years, quarters, months, weeks, or days.
- Custom Purchase Date – Use the slider bar to select a date range and view its sales data. Click the date above the slider bar to open the calendar view and select a start and end date from which you want to view sales data.
Display Metric – Click to view a drop-down list of different data fields to filter by:
- Sales Places ($USD) – The total number of orders placed in U.S. dollars
- Orders Volume – The total number of orders placed by volume. (Order Volume data is only available for hosted store experiences)
- Unique Experts Ordering – The total number of Unique Experts who have purchased from your brand (Unique Experts Ordering data is only available for hosted store experiences)
- Redirect Clicks – Number of redirect clicks from your managed-service or brand-managed redirect store to your own e-commerce site
- Unique Experts Redirecting – Number of experts redirecting from your managed-service or brand-managed redirect store to your own e-commerce site for purchase
Tips and tricks
- Click + or –, or use the magnifying glass in the top left-hand corner of the map to zoom in and out.
- States and provinces with the most sales generated ($USD) will be darker on the map; locations with fewer sales generated will be lighter in color.
In the main Analytics Dashboard, click the three dots on the right of the report to either explore the report, rename, duplicate or remove it from your dashboard, or view the report description.
- If you're curious why sales are lower or higher in certain locations, consider running a Survey Campaign targeting experts in these locations to learn more.