We can accept product catalog data in whatever format the brand can most easily provide. This is often a “catalog export” function, within the brand's eCommerce system, or maybe a link to your Google Shopping or other Affiliate Marketing product feeds.
Required setup data for each product
Note: We do not need separate SKU-level details (colors/sizes/etc). This is generally provided in a spreadsheet format, with one product per row. Your Customer Success partner can provide a template to help as needed.
1. Store catalog file
For each product that is in the store, the following data is required:
- Unique code/ID for the product (this is the parent ID to a set of SKUs).
- Used to match for the ExpertVoice Recommendation Display, ideally this matches the value that will be passed into the EAS display code.
- Name that will be displayed for the product
- Long description of the product (may contain HTML)
- MSRP price
- Image name (when images are sent as a batch) or URL to download the image
- Unique code/ID for one product variant (colors/sizes)
- Product code
Optional data for each product:
- May contain HTML
Additional product images
- List of file names for the product images
- When providing a batch of image files; match file names exactly, case-sensitive
- Supports up to 9 images per product.
- Technical description/specs
2. Collection of image files that are referenced in the above store spreadsheet
Generally provided via FTP or website so they can be downloaded in bulk. Names are case-sensitive and should match exactly. A brand may also provide a list of URLs.
How to export product catalog data:
- We can also integrate directly with the brand's Shopify API, and pull down the catalog data directly.
- Magento 2:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware):
- Big Commerce:
- Looks to require a plugin to do catalog exports. Most brands using NetSuite have a Google Shopping feed they can share.
- SAP Hybris:
- HCL Commerce (IBM WebSphere):